Sunday, December 5, 2010

Dec. 5, 2010 - i have the flue! grrrrr

we first my dad had it on monday. then i got it mid week. even having had the flue shot it is a rouge strain! it starts with a sinis infection that will require an antibiotic and then it moves to the lower gi with the runs requiring some pepto-bismal.
the weird thing is this strain has all the flue symptoms ACCEPT a temp and doesn't come up as the flue on the nasal swap test
friends workingin in clinics say it is all over central nj. if caught in time  ( to avoid dehidratin) it last 4-5 days.
GREAT just what i wanted! waaaahhh

needless to say it has really cut into my diana time and given me some guilt about the amout of time being diana takes away from being around my dad. and although he helped me pull leaves out to the curb on sunday afternoon he is 85 non the less.  seeing him this much weaker with the flue has made me thing about all this.

now on the other hand as i have shared my being Diana with more and more people and the clock is allso ticking on my goal   of being diana at least  6 more days this year. This would accomplish my goal of having gone out in public 3/4 of the year as diana.


isn't it amazing how when one gets sick the old insecurities creep back in? and if it can't seem to shake my confidence  it hits upon my guilt feelings instead! playing upon my emotions of family longevity and mortality. Good Grief!

Diana

No comments:

Post a Comment